With advancing technology, a number of people are now spending much of their time behind a desk, obviously doing some work on the computer or laptop, and at times – paperwork. At least those who work at the office admit that they spend between five and six hours out of the mandatory eight working hours sitting on the office chair. Since this kind of lifestyle goes on for the five days of each week, one actually gets confined to the chair for several hours a year. That is why proper care has to be taken when choosing office furniture.
Studies show that a deskbound kind of lifestyle leads to a number of health issues including weight problems. At the same time, using uncomfortable office furniture can lead to a myriad other challenges including stiff neck, back pain and general body ache. While weight gain as a result of sedentary lifestyle can be controlled by taking some precautionary measures, bad posture, stiff neck and even back pain can have lifelong results if not addressed at the onset. This therefore means that proper choice of office furniture must be adequately made.
When shopping for office furniture, one must take plenty of time as they would do a car. The way a car buyer test-drives a new ride is the same way furniture buyer must test whatever they purchase if it works well for them. In case one hops into a shop and does not find what is suitable for their needs, there is no need taking any that can do to please the shopkeeper. These are items that will determine comfort at the workplace, so no need rushing through the process.
Office furniture comprises a number of items used at the office including cabinets, chairs, tables, TV holders and many more. Since the chair determines a person’s comfort more, here are tips for purchasing office chair:
- Sufficient Back Support – The office chair needs to offer sufficient back support to a user. It should be adjustable too. A chair that provides back support eliminates back pains, stiff neck and general body aches. At the same time, it improves posture.
- Seat – Buy a chair with proper padding for the seat. The front part of the chair edges should be rounded to avoid cutting off circulation on the knees.
- Height Adjustments – The office chair should have varying height adjustments to accommodate different heights.
- Stable – A wobbling chair can cause lots of problems to a user. In case it is a swivel chair, it must be strong enough otherwise the user might tip over and get injured in the process.
- Armrests – Look for a chair whose armrests interact well with the desk. The armrests should also be properly padded to offer comfort to the arm.
- Fashionable – The reason office furniture gets changed every so often is because managers love to be fashion savvy. Shop for a chair that is classy.
- Fair Prices – Compare prices before settling for a particular shop.
With the above tips, someone buying office furniture knows what to go for. Good Luck!